Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

As the title says, Merry Christmas everyone :) I finished my Disneyland Post!! I'll do a short post on my day before getting back to that Disneyland post.
Today was a somewhat hectic and exciting day. Because I went to bed at 5 in the morning, I didn't get up until 3 in the afternoon. I slowly prepared myself to head out to do some errands. I showered, brushed my teeth and wrapped Jkoe's present.

----------------------------------------

This is the story about Jkoe's present: Before Thanksgiving, our little group of friends raffled names for Secret Santa. For those who don't know what that is, it's a way of getting people the things they want for Christmas. They post their wishlists, and the anonymous "Santa" must buy the person something from their wishlist and gift it to them.

Yes, I got Jkoe. We all posted our wishlists online, but he didn't have his posted until after I bought something for him the weekend of Thanksgiving. I was a little unhappy, but luckily I can use that "something" for myself :).

His wishlist consisted of several items, but I decided to get him a trooper hat. Choosing the right color and style was my next obstacle, so I asked Heidi to help me find and choose a hat for him and we ended up with this one here.
So I had it mailed to my apartment, but I realized after several days that I forgot to include my apartment number into the address (not used to it), so it was sent back after a week or so. The company emails me regarding the return and asks me to undergo another process to have the hat sent to the correct location. I ended up paying some more for the shipping and getting it just a few days before Christmas (luckily).

----------------------------------------

Around 5pm my mom and I left home to drop off Jkoe's present at his home (address kindly provided by Isabella, thanks!). I wasn't positive if he was home or not, but hopefully, the gift got to him and not someone else :).

After that, we attempted to buy some firewood at Ralphs or Albertsons, but surely they'd be closed on Christmas Day (my dad randomly wanted to use the fireplace today). We knew American stores would be closed today, so we decided to head to the Korean Supermarket nearby my house. On the way, as I was making a left turn, a car stops in the middle of a large intersection. Why? His car broke down. Embarrassing and troublesome...

We got our firewood and charcoal fluid at the supermarket and headed home. Spent the rest of the night with family, eating and enjoying our nice fire until we realized that we forgot to open the chimney. The smoke was trapped in the house, setting off our smoke detectors and it was up to me to deactivate them. It took a while and I had nearly gone deaf, but I did manage to yank out the plug (it's power source). Exciting :).
Hugs,
Jeffjeff

&&Why is it raining again? :( Am I going to have another mudslide in my backyard?
&&Happy holidays Gabriela! I'm really surprised someone from Romania would be reading my blog. Thanks for all the support and please look forward to my future posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment