Writing (Monday) - The night before the test, I wasn't worried. There wasn't anything I could do to prepare for this test other than re-read the short passage I'd be writing about and jot down some notes that will help me organize my information. I stood up all night (this was how much I didn't care about this test), but I did try sleeping, laying on my bed for several hours. I didn't fall asleep. I drank two cups of coffee before heading to bed, so that might have been the result. I did, for the first time, eat breakfast at the apartment :), which was quite nice.

The test came, and the prompt asked me to agree or disagree with the passage and write about it. I didn't take the whole two hours to complete it, but the "crash" was coming. I was beginning to feel the sleepiness, but I endured till the last sentence of my essay :).
Chem Lab (Monday) - Later that afternoon, I would be taking chem lab, so I prepared by taking a three-hour nap and reviewed for roughly twenty minutes before heading to the test room. I arrived early and sat down, waiting for the test to begin, though I did pull some retarded stunts. I sat next to a guy, and looked for the table that I thought was on the right hand side, it appeared to me that it was folded on the left-hand side AFTER I moved to another spot (same kind of aisle seat). I wonder what he was thinking?
"The tables on the left side, dumbass. What? Oh, so you hate me now huh? Moving away from me?"

The test was fairly simple, nothing to fret about, but it was quite different from the review. The questions covered a different topic and it seemed harder on several levels, but I think it was okay :).
Math (Tuesday) - Dreadful, dreadful test. I couldn't manage to get the sufficient amount of sleep before this test, so I was in one of those pissed-off moods in the morning. I got out of bed and prepared to leave for this three-hour test. I felt my stomach tie itself in knots, but I attempted to brush it off as a temporary thing.

It turns out that it wasn't a temporary pain. Throughout the test, I'd be feeling the butterflies in my stomach. I thought it was just something I ate, or my pants being on too tight (LOL), but I realized (today) that it was my nervousness. The math test wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but it wasn't all that grand either. I managed to answer more than expected, but there were still countless problems I had forgotten how to solve or failed to understand.
I'm just hoping for a B in the class!
Chem (Friday/Today) - Last final of the quarter! I couldn't sleep last night. I laid in bed, tossing and turning, hoping to fall asleep, but didn't manage to until an hour later (4am). I woke up again after 30 minutes, feeling like I've been awake those 30 minutes, and saw that my apartment-mates have gone to bed. I woke up again 8 in the morning, 4 hours before the test. I went back to sleep, and woke up again an hour later. This routine continues for a while until I decided to give in to this constant waking.
I finally got out of bed around 10 and got ready. I looked over a few more notes and played a few games to relieve my nervousness (last minute studying doesn't do you good). I called my mom, telling her about my churning stomach, and she asked if I'd like to pray with her. Of course, I agreed and we both prayed for a great test-taking day (stress-free too!).

I couldn't manage to get rid of my stomach problems, but texting Justin really helped me calm myself. It's weird how we always make each laugh at the worst moments, embarrassing ourselves, but it's because of that that I was able to confidently take my exam.

The exam was easier than I thought. I understood a lot of questions and was able to answer the majority of them, but there was one problem, that Heidi and I couldn't answer. I spent an hour or so working on it, while Heidi waited for me outside, but I still didn't get the answer. In the end, I turned in my test with my head spinning from all the calculations x.x.
I'm just glad winter break has begun! BUT... it's been a horrible start.
-Jeffjeff
&&I just realized I haven't eaten anything today! (meaning the last 24+ hrs or so)
No comments:
Post a Comment