It's Winter Break! Most of the time I'll be at home playing games and just being with family, but if we do anything interesting, I'll make sure you readers know exactly what I did ;).
----------------------------------------
I slept at 5am (in the morning), playing games, so I didn't get to post anything.
I woke up around 12 and just got ready and headed out with my dad. He wanted me to help him out at his workplace. I asked him what he needed help with, and he told me he needed me to help him change some saw blades.

Apparently, he bought two saws in the last few weeks, but cutting plastic, the blades have gotten dull. He bought some new blades and asked me to help him change it. It was the first time for me fiddling around with a table saw, but it's definitely experience for me :). I read the manual and understood what we needed to do to change the blade. We needed two blade wrenches. The manual specified that the set came with the two, but wherever we looked, we couldn't find it. Well, off to Home Depot we go (it's across the street)!
Note: I'm lazy today, I don't feel like typing too much, so I've been skipping some details.
The worker, Joe, there told us that the wrenches were bolted to the saw itself; it's not separately located in the box. So we headed back, only to find that he was right! WOW! (LOL, Justin.)
Dangerous stuff! The blade wrenches, when hooked to the bolt was still practically right next to the blade. Using our full power, we pushed and pulled, but one wrong move and a finger will go missing!

We decided to use a hammer the first time to unscrew the bolt, but when we put it back on, I found an easier way to tighten it :). Simply use the table itself as "another hand," but of course that wouldn't make sense to most of you.
When we finished, we headed out and my dad wasn't going straight home. He took a turn into a plaza and I had a feeling what he was going for when I saw Starbucks right in front of me. "Because you helped me, I'll treat you to some Starbucks. You can have whatever drink you like, but help me order a normal cup of coffee."

I didn't know how to order a normal cup of coffee (LOL), so my dad still ended up ordering his own drink himself. I bought a Raspberry Green Tea Frappe (Michelle's favorite drink) :D, and we left for home.
I spent the rest of the day on the computer or talking with family, nothing special really :)
-Jeffjeff
&&I did give my gift to my dad. It was like him to remain calm, but I knew from the letter and the gift, he was really happy because he offered me a hug! :)
&&Justin! Are we still hanging tomorrow?
No comments:
Post a Comment