Thursday, November 25, 2010

Super Long Post - Thanksgiving Treat!

So I began working on this when I was still on the train, but I couldn’t get it done that fast, so I tried doing some at home, but without Internet and my phone I couldn’t finish my post ;(

----------------------------------------

It’s been a while since Sunday, so I’ll do my best to recover my memory from then. I woke up around 1 in the afternoon due to a phone call from my dad.

Note: Any quotes I include in these posts aren’t accurate, but it provides the general idea :)

“I need to talk to you about some rules if you plan to have your friends over on Saturday for the hot pot.”

I was still half asleep, but I was listening. “Make sure your friends don’t go into your room or your brothers.” I thought it was odd that he’d bring that up, so I asked him why. “Your brother’s things are in those rooms, so I’m sure he doesn’t want people there.” I thought about it and agreed to have my friends around the living room, but I have yet to ask my brother if I could get my old room that night. I’m planning on having Josh and Leon spend the night at my place, unless they choose to have it at their homes.

I spent the next few hours getting ready and on the computer before it hit 3:30 and I headed of to Starbucks to buy myself another cup of coffee with my group of chums. They didn’t come over this time, but we did sit outside and have a nice chat before we all headed back to our respective homes. Five minutes after I get back, I head back with Albert to get a cup of Eggnog Latte: worst cup of coffee I’ve ever gotten.

For the rest of the day, I’d be attempting to finish my weekend homework, but that didn’t work out so well. I managed to finish my lab report around dinner, sending it to my TA for a quick review, but I couldn’t finish my essay for writing. I tried taking a break and sleeping in between, but it didn’t work, so I diligently worked until 5 in the morning. My hon was also up at this time working on an 8-page essay of his own, so we had a few chats during our breaks.

I woke up around 10 to work a little more on my 5 page essay, but the lack of sleep was holding me back. I prepared myself and left for the chemistry lecture, arriving a few minutes before doors were open! I saw Heidi and Pola standing outside, and we walked in together, only to find that there were no seats left. I decided to walk back a few rows and sit with Antwon instead, since he had already saved me a seat :). I took a few notes, mostly just listening attentively, as Antwon sat there playing a racing game on his phone.

The class ended, and we scattered. I walked with Heidi to her next class, talking about things I don’t even remember talking about! :) I decided to get some Starbucks to help me finish writing that essay due in a few hours.

I spent the next few hours working on my essay, ultimately finishing around 1:30 in the afternoon. It was time for class, so I took my unfinished cup of peppermint white chocolate goodness and headed off to writing. I was very early, so I decided to sit outside, enjoying my cup of coffee until class started.

I headed inside and spent the next hour and a half revising two essays, before class was dismissed. I felt like I was improving in my essay writing through some of the comments I got from my fellow peers, but I can’t quote them :( cuz my internet is really slow at the moment…

Well I went back around 3:30 and had a long talk with my not-so-loving son Justin. It was a deep talk ;) only between us. Zoey and Elliot paid my apartment-mates and I a visit, asking to borrow a flashdrive or fix a longboard. After their visit, I did whatever I needed to that night before heading to bed around 7pm.

I was woken up around 11 when my two apartment-mates, Elliot, and Zoey come in talking. After that I just spent the next few hours working on some chemistry homework and eating some of Zoey’s scrumptious pumpkin chocolate mousse pie topped with whip cream! Yum!

I woke up the next morning (Tuesday) at around 12 or 1, skipping math class and realizing I had gotten an email from my chemistry lab TA. She corrected any wrong information on my lab discussion, and gave me a few answers (and tips) for my pre-lab questions (I’m glad I got such a nice and lenient TA).

So after all the revisions, it was time to print my discussion and submit my report, but as I tried printing it, a pop-up for the printer informs me that there is no more ink! I walked out a little worried as I was running out of time to turn it in. “[Josh], my printer’s out of ink!” “Oh yea! I was printing something yesterday and it ran out of ink.” I froze, thinking what was I going to do from here. He helped me out, asking Zoey if she had a printer (which she didn’t) and he handed me his print card so I could head off to the library to get it printed. THANKS JOSH!

I headed over to the library and it took me a while to get my paper printed and submitted. Printers just aren’t my thing… Well for the rest of the afternoon, I’d be spending it working on math, laughing with Heidi as she webcams with a few of our friends, and watch Erika on Xing Guang :). We finished all but one problem.

There was about an hour left before the assignment was due, so I asked William, who I wasn’t close with, to help me with the problem. “Really? You’re the fourth one today!” LOL. It just shows the difficulty of the problem ;). “I haven’t worked on the problem yet, but the answer is t*e^(t/50).” I looked at the answer and thought, “Of all my fifty and so tries, why do none of them look like this answer!?” I was a bit angry, but definitely relieved.

After I finished math, I helped Allan study for his test tomorrow. It wasn’t too long after that when Heidi and Mish walk in. Those two just got back from a church small group discussion and Mish wanted me to help her with math, but too bad I couldn’t figure out a few problems :( cuz I didn’t have the time.

Josh and Albert left for home around this time and so that night, I’d have the apartment to myself. Mish and Heidi left around midnight and so it was just Allan on the phone with me. I spent the next few hours helping him study and just simply talking with him. It wasn’t until 5 when I finally fell asleep.

Well today was a short day for me, or so it seemed. I woke up around 10 to prepare for my last class of the week! Sleeping 5 hours was definitely taking its toll on me; I felt more than just “tired,” I felt exhausted, but this exhaustion is what kept me going for the rest of the day, not that much of it was left anyway.

I got ready and had myself a two-minute study session to prepare for today’s quiz. I left the apartment and arrived at class just in time, before it started. I haven’t taken detailed chemistry notes recently, so today was a first in a while. I sat there attentively and wrote down every little detail the professor went over, rarely speaking with Heidi who sat next to me.

Before the end of class, we took our quiz. The “toll” I was talking about earlier affected how well I took my test. I couldn’t remember the rules regarding acidity, so in total, I might’ve missed 2 out of 6 problems.

When it was over, my friend Antwon (Anthony) calls out my name from behind. I thought this was a great opportunity to introduce these two, since I’d long wanted to last month. “What did you get for the two acid mixture problem, Jeff?” I told him I wasn’t sure, but I found average of the two pH values given. I, in turn, ask him, “What did you get for the basic, acid, or neutral problem?” “Acidic.” In an instant, Heidi yells, “Me too,” nearly popping my precious eardrums ;).

It was a bit weird after that as Heidi said she’d see me later, since she had to get her bike from the bike rack and head on home. I walked a little with Antwon, talking about how we’d get home today. He said he had to go back to his dorm, pick up his bike, and catch the bus to the train station. Apparently, Heidi and Antwon were going to be riding the same train!

I texted Heidi about Antwon’s coincidental train schedule and she responds by telling me “He’s cute.” LOL!

Before I knew it, I was already back at my apartment. I made myself, microwaved some leftovers and ate till I could eat no more :). I decided to take a one hour after that, but I took a four hour nap instead, nearly missing my taxi! I was out of bed around five, when the skies were already getting dark, losing that last few rays of light from the sunset. I packed my things and headed off to the train station, where I’d wait well over an hour for the late train in the well chilly outdoors with my “frostbitten” hands.

The train ride took approximately four hours before I finally got back. I noticed I spent half the car ride back home talking about my experiences with this train, speaking nonstop until my favorite Christmas radio station was on! Now I’m home and finishing this post before I sleep :D. I don’t know how many times I’ll be posting the rest of the week and if I do, it might be a short post or a post lacking specifics :).

Well! Time for me to have my wondering Thanksgiving dinner with my family :).

-Jeffjeff

&& Tomorrow – Thanksgiving

&& Friday – Black Friday Shopping perhaps?

&& Saturday – Hanging with Elton in the morning, preparing for hot pot in the afternoon, eating hot pot in the evening with lit family and tina, and finishing the day with Josh and Leon.

&& Sunday – Church in the morning if there’s time and eating with Sam after before I head back to school

&&What’s depressing is my essay, consisting of approximately 1,200 words, took me a whole day to complete; whereas, this post of mine, consisting of well over 1,500 words, took me a few hours to finish. :(

&&HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment