Sorry for my readers :), but I don't have the patience to type up a long post like I did for Thanksgiving. I'll take it slow and type two days at a time till I catch up.
----------------------------------------
I got out of bed an hour before lunch Thanksgiving morning, and saw that my parents were nearly done preparing their Thanksgiving lunch. Well, the real reason I got up was because my dad had spilled a bunch of his rib-marinating sauce on the floor, and with his injured back, it wouldn't be possible for him to clean it. In a hurry, I got out of bed and did what I could to clean it all.

Following this little accident, I went to fix my hair and brush my teeth before running back into the kitchen to help out my parents make lunch. I really didn't do much other than put the ribs and chicken into the oven (dad couldn't).
Then it was time to eat :) it was great, but it's a shame I've lost my appetite in the last few days due to the lack of eating. I ate as much as I could, chewing on the ribs and eating the other side dishes, but it wasn't long before I was full. So I just sat there, talking with my family because it's been several weeks since I last saw them.

I was curious how my dad got his back injury, so I decided to ask him. I didn't really understand some of his terminology, but I remember him saying something about moving/lifting something that made his back crack the first time.
"I thought it was a bit strange, and my business partner told me to rest, but I wanted to help them out, so I tried again and it cracks a second time." I knew where this was going and it just didn't seem that great.
"Jesse (business partner) insisted I take a break and rest, telling me that she knows I'll start feeling it in the morning. I still helped out occasionally, but picking up things was a little difficult, as I used a broom for support," dad would explain on the table. He continued by telling us how he couldn't get up in the morning. "I had to slowly crawl to the couch in the living room, taking another ten minutes to completely get up."
It was shocking at first, but I'm glad he'd already visited a doctor to check his injury and he seems to be doing a lot better, except when he coughs and sneezes. After my dad was done eating, I asked him to follow me to my brother's room to check out my mom's Christmas gift (black peacoat). He thought it would really suit her, but the sleeves were a little long. My mom had wondered where everyone went to, but we acted as if it were nothing (I'm sure she knew something was up).

For the rest of the afternoon, I'd be looking through the countless sales going on online and tomorrow (Black Friday). I even decided on my dad's gift, but my mom wanted to know if there was anything else to buy online. I remember hearing that my brother needed more clothes, so my mom and brother went to his room to see what clothes he has now. Guess what comes next?
Yeah... my mom found her gift. She was smiling one of those smiles I don't see very often and it was really nice :). She was really ecstatic I got her a peacoat, but we did agree that the sleeves need a little tailoring. And in the end, we didn't buy anything else but my dad's gift (black fleece scarf).
Late afternoon, I'd be helping my parents make dinner and enjoying every last bit of it. We ate the same dishes as we did for lunch. But to add more variety to the table, my mom and I attempted to make a delicious macaroni dish; however, without some of the spices and enough cheese, the taste wouldn't be complete.
After dinner, I'd spend the rest of the night just playing games with my brother before heading off to bed.
DREAMS! I don't remember any though ;)
------------------------------------
I woke up around noon on Friday, thinking that I wouldn't be shopping for the Black Friday sales, but we did have to go out and buy something... a Christmas tree! My dad got back right before my brother, mom, and I were about to head out, so we decided to go out together.
Our first stop was to get my dad some lunch and some milk tea for me :), followed by a stop at Walmart. I didn't think there would be those $60 14MP cameras left at Walmart or those $35 4GB mp3 players (for mom), but I was wrong. We managed to buy both along with a few other things I needed for my apartment. This $100+ spend concludes our Black Friday shopping surprises :).
We had to drop my dad off back home due to his inability to walk around for a lengthy time and get on/off the car, but that didn't stop us from getting our Christmas tree :). We three would go back out to Home Depot and get ourselves a fat and bushy 6'-7' tree, just the right size for our living room. We put the tree in front of the window, so we can flaunt its beauty to the people who walk/drive by ;). LOL.

After, we put up the tree with some lights, we all headed out to eat dinner. We had ourselves some very Taiwanese food :). Intestines? Stinky Tofu? Lamb? They were all quite scrumptious, but the idea of eating some of it was a little disturbing. Following dinner, we would go next door to buy some ornaments for our Christmas tree, realizing that the ones we bought earlier in the day were too expensive, so we decided that we'll return those tomorrow.

Again, my night was just filled with games.
MORE DREAMS! But I'm having a hard time remembering it whenever I'm at home :(
-Jeffjeff
&&Last nights dreams - Assassins and a school for assassins? A girl was lied to and perhaps killed? I was the main character? A color-changing smoothie in a 500mL beaker that I stole from a girl and bought her another to compensate for it?

Too much gaming, late-night sleeping, and coffee I presume...
No comments:
Post a Comment