Woke up to my first alarm and felt this sharp pain in my abdomen. It wasn't one I could ignore and sleep through, so I jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom, slammed the door, and yup. I must've eaten something to upset my sensitive stomach. My hypothesis is that the expired wine contained enough bacteria to cause the bad stomach... sad life.
After my date with the restroom, I made my way to the kitchen where my parents were and poured myself a coffee. I was still a little drowsy, so I sat at the dinner table going through some phone messages I received overnight before taking some medication for my stomach. While I was on my phone, my mom was washing dishes and my dad was watching some Taiwanese stand-up comedy show online. Didn't understand a thing, so I grabbed my cup of joe and made my way over to the unfinished puzzle.
The next few hours were a little slow. I spent most of my time working on the puzzle, one piece at a time. Next thing I knew, it was already noon and I had to get ready for The Broad. For those who don't know, The Broad is a new contemporary art museum built in downtown LA that houses 2,000 works of art. I managed to snatch some free tickets online (on their site) a few months back, so I've been looking forward to this visit, but my stomach was going to be a bit of a problem.
I showered and brushed up, ate some leftover hotpot, then left the house. The Broad, here I come!
I set up the GPS on my dad's car and passed out. Right before we arrived, I realized we were in some some rural area in San Pedro. We couldn't have been in the right place. Apparently, the GPS did something weird and directed us in the completely opposite direction. 40 minutes till our appointed time. I reroute the device to the correct destination and made our way over.
40 minutes later, we arrived at the parking garage below the museum. Just in time! We gain immediate access to the building (skipping the huge line forming outside) and begin our adventures. We attempted to reserve a spot for Kusama Yayoi's "Infinity" exhibit, but it was all booked. Shame.
After our visit, we grabbed some dinner on our way back. Had some dumplings and soup. Yum. Once I got home, I just spent a good two hours playing games on my phone before meeting up with Amy one last time before I leave for Boston next week. We met up at a nearby Ten Ren, talked for a bit, before saying our goodbyes. Looks like it'll be another half year before I see her again. All these farewells are making me depressed.
-Jeffjeff


No comments:
Post a Comment