My alarm went off at 10 in the morning. As you already know, I woke up a tad depressed, so I reset my alarm to 10:15, hoping that the 15 minutes would help me forget about it all. Not enough. I couldn't sleep in since I had already made lunch plans with a friend the day before, so I slowly crawled out of bed, feeling the weight of my eyelids attempting to close itself. I performed my typical morning routine like usual, except the "aftertaste" of those dreams never seemed to leave me; in fact, they never left me for the rest of the day.
At around noon, I met up with an old British friend of mine. Oliver (his name) and I used to work in the same lab during our undergrad years, and somehow we ended up in the same school. Small world, huh? We grabbed lunch at a nearby Thai restaurant and spent the next hour or so catching up. Most of our conversations revolved around our respective programs, but occasionally we would reminisce about our past in Ma's lab, none of which were positive memories... To be frank, our research professor wasn't a favorite of ours; actually, he was far from it. It's just the crap that he gave us really strikes a nerve. But regardless, the research experience still taught me a lot about lab etiquette and the various protocols associated with my project, and it got me a letter of recommendation... so I shouldn't complain.
We parted ways at around 1. He and I both had work to do, so we just decided that we'll continue our discussions the next time we hung out.
-Jeffjeff
&& I slipped on some ice yesterday as I was walking downhill in the neighborhood. Since the ice was just a frozen stream of water, I just kept sliding down for another 5 foot or so, unable to get up. Luckily, no one was nearby...
But today, I slipped (again) on the stairs at the subway station. I managed to catch myself before landing bottoms-first onto the staircase, but I happened to do this in front of dozens of people. No one bothered to ask if I was okay, but I didn't care; I just wanted to get on the subway as soon as possible and pretend that didn't happen. Sad life.


No comments:
Post a Comment