I can't begin to explain how terrible my morning was. I've spent the last few days with my head buried in a book. With the time ticking closer and closer to 10AM, the stress levels slowly begins to accumulate. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I wasn't stressing before; I just had outlets to relieve it. Coffee. Showers. Dogs. There's only a number of times I can drink coffee and take showers in a day, but
dogs are a completely different story. As some of you know, I used to have a dog (Rena), but she's no longer here with us. It's been a while since then, but now I've found myself a trio of dogs (not mine, of course) that I've come to love and miss. They may not be here with me in Boston, but they're always within reach... in a sense. Every once in a while, I would request a Snapchat of Mochi, Hummus, and Scruffy from Sam or Brandon. To be honest, seeing their (derp) faces really helps with stress relief. Haha!
Anyway, I atte
mpted to take a nap at around 3 in the morning, but it didn't work out so well. It had to be the copious amounts of coffee I consumed this evening. The anxiety also wasn't helping. I could feel the rapid beating of my heart―again from the stress―which made every sleeping position an uncomfortable one. I laid in bed for a good hour before dozing off.
In just one hour, I hear my alarm go off and I'm forced to wake up.
Snooze. I went back to sleep only to be disturbed once again 10 minutes later. Based off previous experiences, I knew that my focus and mind was heavily dependent on the quantity and quality of my sleep, so I decided to set my next alarm to 5:45, giving myself just a tad more sleep. I just hoped that with the extra 30 minutes, the names of the different enzymes involved in DNA/RNA/Protein synthesis and the pathways involved would etch themselves into my brain.
5:45. I rolled out of bed, took a quick shower and returned to the dreadful book. The next few hours were spent reviewing for the exam.
When it hit 9:00, I stepped out the door of my apartment.
Deep breaths. Yea... no. I immediately wanted to climb back into bed. As the cold winter breeze brushed across the exposed skin of my face and hands, the stinging sensation became apparent; and the thought of having to spend the next 30 minutes outdoors was just... absurd.
I
hate the cold.
At 10, I take my exam and an hour; and a half later, I was out. There was no way I was going to wait for my 4:00PM class on campus, so I returned home to catch some z's.
Finally finished with the first semester!
-Jeffjeff
&& I
PASSED!
No comments:
Post a Comment