Monday, November 14, 2011

Hot Pot Day 11/12/11

I woke up sometime around 9:30 and got out of bed, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and left the home with my hair wet. I was headed towards the hair salon to get myself a haircut. Little did I know that it'd turn out really short. It's been six years since my hair was this length, so I wasn't used to it at first, but I personally find it to be a good change (for now).

After my 30 minute hair cut, I headed over to the doctor's office to get the second vaccine for Hepatitis B. I was the last patient in and the last patient out.

When I got home through the front door, my dad, sitting far but straight from the door (so he could see me perfectly), couldn't believe who walked in. One word: speechless. He didn't know what to say to my haircut, and it took him a good ten seconds before he began speaking. He said I looked like "Jeffrey's younger brother." I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but I continued to do my business, washing my hair under the bathroom sink. After I walked into my brothers room and he too was awestruck at my incredibly short hair.

Was it really that shocking? My mom came home wide eyed as well and told me I looked more mature. Now, I don't know what to believe. Do I look younger or do I look older?

Before my friends came over, I thought that it'd be wise to have the wood and tile floors mopped and the carpet vacuumed. I also cleaned the restroom, in case the guests planned on using it. I finished relatively early so I even washed the bird poop off my car. I don't remember mentioning before, but this new bird-poop paint job on the roof of my car is caused by seagulls at my school. Our apartment management assigned me a spot next to the apartment's garbage dump. Lovely.

After cleaning the house before our guests arrived, my mom and I headed off to the nearby 99 Ranch Market to buy some of our hot pot ingredients. Justin (Jessica), my "son," and I made arrangements to meet at the supermarket to buy the hot pot ingredients together. We were in the fruit section when Jessica arrived and met up with us. We went around the supermarket and bought ourselves vegetables, pork, chicken, beef, spicy soup base, mushrooms, drinks, and other sort of consumables that we can add to the hot pot (that we're willing to eat). We ended up spending roughly $65 (Jessica paid and I haven't paid her back) on our ingredients.

As we got back, we immediately began preparing the vegetables we bought. Jessica insisted on washing the dishes in the sink as we continued to put away the groceries. Although, it wasn't necessary for guests to do the chores at my home, but we're (my parents and I) are thankful anyway. After the dishes were cleaned, we washed the vegetables and chopped them up, putting each of them in their own containers and placed nicely in the center of the dinner table. Stephen (Stephanie), my other "son," came around 5 or 6. Forgot. We were just about done preparing everything. We took our some of the "hot pot" dumplings and the drinks. I decided to throw in some red wine for our selection of beverages and it turned out to be a great idea.

Lily, the asexual grandpa of the family, arrived around 7. At this point, it was already obvious that my wife, Patrick, wouldn't be making our little party. We started eating, talking about school, and laughing at wacky jokes. As we ate, we drank red wine and updated each other about all that has happened since the last time we met. Learned a lot.

We finished up a little after 8 and cleaned up the table. Lily and Jessica was washing the dishes this time, and once again, my parents and I were thankful for their help. We headed to my room and I showed them this little toy basketball game that Sonia gave me. Lily was motivated to beat my record score, making her the clueless victim in our webcam pictures. She decided to stop after two games and we began to camera-whore, taking a multitude of pictures before posting them online. We were exhausted when it was around 10. We were singing, laughing, joking, making videos, and watching videos before everyone left, one by one.

Once they were all gone, I made a rather short post and went to bed. Like I said yesterday, I might have drunken too much wine (even though it wasn't even half a cup). Low Tolerance.

-Jeffjeff

&& I had a crazy dream last night, but I'll be typing that up tomorrow. If only my readers could understand the excitement of being in this dream.
&& Thanks "family" for bringing food and helping out with the chores! <3 Hope to see you all again soon.
&& I love rubbing the back of my head. The hair's so soft!

Edit: I removed all the pictures from this post because which one was the right one. To the anonymous photographer, I'm sorry for the public use of your pictures. I'll be sure to ask you for your permission in the future.

1 comment:

  1. stop rubbbing your head...

    SINGING SINGING SINGING~ 我是一隻。。。小小小小鳥!!!~~~~ man we need to go ktv again...

    shoo...A GRANDMA LIVED IN A SHOE~

    ReplyDelete