Friday, February 4, 2011

So busy!


Happy Belated Birthday, Michelle!!... Gong xi fa cai to all :) 新年快樂!
It's been a while since I've last visited and posted on my blog! Usually I'd post everyday, but lately its just more difficult with my weird sleeping schedule, my early classes, midterms, and so on. So, I'll do a short post today, but I'll definitely be posting everyday this weekend :), do look forward to it!

I went home last weekend to celebrate Michelle's birthday and some other things :). I got back Friday around 7pm, but I didn't go to church. Why? I had far too much homework that weekend. Well, Leon calls a little after 8 and asks about church, and it struck me that there was no church that day, since everyone went ice-skating. LOL! Too bad Leon went his way to go there before he realized it ;). I spent the rest of the night doing homework until 6 in the morning (exciting!).

Saturday morning, I got up around 10 and prepared for Michelle's party. I picked up Brian and Michelle, made a stop at Starbucks and Albertsons, and, after all that stalling, headed to the park in Chino where the picnic was held. O yes! I must give my mom the credit for making those wonderful sandwiches that everyone ate :). Gotta love her.

Surprisingly, we were the first to get there, but it wasn't until two hours later before more people showed up. Alvin was the first to arrive (without sandwiches!) after us, followed by the Alan/Sam/Heidi group. After eating a few sandwiches, Sam, Heidus, and I chose to talk a short walk around the park's mini lake/pond :). Fun getting to catch up with one another, except for Heidus, since I see her almost everyday, but it was still fun making fun of each other ;). And before we got back to our picnic spot, we saw another figure from afar and it happened to be Isabella :). Almost everyone has arrived!

But when the clock struck 3, I had to leave, unable to see the other two who hasn't arrived and such and such, but it was fun nonetheless. LOL! Chinese Monopoly Deal! Kowloon Station... LOL!

Following the short picnic, I headed to Barnes and Nobles to meet with Allan's dad. I couldn't help but feel like he's going to be getting me something... We talked a bit near the entrance before he told me that with all the help I've been providing Allan, I deserved some books. "Allan told me that you've helped him a lot with his homework and studies, so I thought I'd buy you some books. Just pick out whatever you like. Also, could you see what books would be good for Allan to read?" I was shocked, since I don't read much and I didn't know what books were good. "I really don't think I deserve such gifts, I mean, it's natural that I help a friend." But despite my efforts, he insisted that I get a few books, so I ended up picking from one of my favorite authors (Margaret Atwood) and a popular book (The Kite Runner) I've been wanting to read for some time now. I also picked out a few books for Allan, but I'm not sure if it's too his liking, but it's definitely something he'll have to read sooner or later :).

As we left the bookstore, Allan handed $200 to me. Holding the four $50 bills, my mouth was about to drop open. "No, I can't take this! Really these books are enough." "No no, just take it, use it for college! And it's my Chinese New Years gift to you." At this point, I didn't know what to say. I really wanted to return the money, but I knew that all my efforts would have no effect. I took it with gratitude.

That's not all, but I'm too lazy to explain everything in detail. I just don't know how I could thank him! :(

Well, I ate dinner at home with family for Chinese New Year, and it was one of those meals that you don't see being made at home very often! There were several plates of freshly cooked dishes that had my mouth running waterfalls down onto the floor (I swear) :O. It was a shame that I was nearly completely out of energy at that point. Running on three hours of sleep made me want to go straight to sleep, so I ate whatever I thought was enough and went to bed. I wish I could've enjoyed more of the food.

Sunday! Homework and lunch with family at a restaurant before heading back to school :(. I want to give my thanks to Josh's mom for driving two hours back to our apartment. Of course, she went there to visit Josh for Chinese New Year, but I'm still thankful (otherwise, I'd have to spend money to take the train back, and that's not worth it).

I'll update you readers more tomorrow! Hope you guys had a great New Years! $$$$$$

-Jeffjeff

&&I still have midterms next week, so if for some reason I forget to post or I don't post over the week, it's because of the homework and tests that come up one after another. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment