Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Beginning

To all my readers: Sorry for not posting every so often lately. I've been indulged in my Winter Break routines already (gaming during my free time), but once I finish Half Life 2 I'll be done for a while :).

I'll talk about my first few days of this year before I head off to bed.

Friday: I went to church at around 8:30 pm and joined the English congregation's games. At first, we were meant to play dodgeball with the same teams as from the retreat, but due to the uncontrollable crowd, the hosts, Isabel and Josh, changed the game to the murder game :). During this time, everyone gathered around the middle of the English sanctuary and formed a circle. The hosts will choose several murderers and those killers will wink at people to kill them, but they can be accused by non-murderers, resulting in the murderer's death.

We played two games (innocents win) before moving onto the next game. In this game, 2/3 of the congregation will make a circle of chairs and stand behind them, while the remaining 1/3 will be seated in one of those chairs. The point of the game is for the people behind an empty chair to wink those in chairs, indicating that they must move into that empty chair (not sure how much sense I'm making). Sounds like theres nothing to the game right? Those standing behind an occupied chair, must tap the person, who was in their chair, once their butt leaves the seat. Then the two will switch places, the one in the chair stands behind it and vice versa.

Snack time! I grabbed a few slices of cake and some cookies before heading back into the sanctuary where we'll have our "sharing" time. Any individual who wants to share can share about their experience at the retreat or their yearlong walk with God. I wanted to go up, but the pride thing really got to me. With two of my friends telling me to go up (just cause it's embarrassing), I decided not to just to smite them, but that didn't work out well.

Following this short period of speeches, everyone headed into the Chinese sanctuary where everyone will have a mini prayer session and some worship time before the new year's countdown. (time skip) 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEARS! Everyone jumps out of their seat to greet their neighbors in the new years, giving them hugs and handshakes. I got up myself and gave a few friends some hugs and my mom a hug before going back home.

Great way to start the new years!

Saturday: Well... I got out of bed around noon and didn't do much until 5:30pm. As a family, we went out to eat with my cousin's mom and her friends at a vegetarian restaurant. Most people don't like vegetarian stuffs, but it can be quite delicious (if you're eating the right dishes). We had a nice long chat and meal, but it ended when my dad had to leave for his Saturday Night basketball. But before heading back home, everyone, but my father, went into 99 Ranch to buy a few things and it was then we realized that we didn't get to take a picture, despite bringing a camera with us.

We got back home and I went onto my computer, but not long after, Bob messages me to tell me that he'll be coming over to drop off my present. He got me a cup (that I'm using at the moment) and a very "homo" keychain for my wife and me. The keychain consists of two pieces: a rose and a piece of poop. "I love you. Haha" is engraved at the lower portion of the poop, while the rose is pierced into the "brown ice cream." It's meant to represent our love, but that's a very awkward way of portraying a... real relationship ;).
O yes! Did I mention I got an email from Raymond :D?
Sunday: Time to go back! I woke up a quarter before 11 only to find out that Albert wasn't leaving until 11, but he told me he was leaving at 9am, so I was somewhat angry and confused, but I didn't let that bother me. I got out of bed and suggested that I get ready to leave now, but my parents were making some food for me to take to ****, so instead my dad chose to take me sometime later in the afternoon along with all my stuff, which was really fatherly of him :).

This four and a half hour drive was caused by the consistent traffic and poor weather. Both of us finished drinking our coffee in the first thirty minutes and we needed to pee for the longest time. It was then we got off and peed right along the streets. LOL! (Though that is illegal). "I think I'm going crazy" is the phrase my dad would repeat countlessly throughout our ride. Driving to **** and back would take him a total of 7 hours; even I would go crazy!

Monday: Well, school has started and today was a great start :). I only had one class for the day and ended at 11, so I spent all day eating and playing games, but that's going to be different tomorrow. I have class at 8am and two more from 11am to 1pm, so I'll just leave it at that :). I need to get some shuteye.

-Jeffjeff

&&Sam, I'll be sending your letter to your family tomorrow :).
&&I must have made many typos (that I won't be proofreading for) for rushing, but if you spot any poor grammar, missing words, etc. do tell :).

No comments:

Post a Comment