Yes, I must sleep at 10 tonight and finish my physics homework, so I'll do my post earlier today :).
Monday: -Beep! Beep! Beep!- My alarm rang for a length of a minute or so before I shut it off. Truthfully, I was awake before this due to the loud and obnoxious heater screeches that lasts approximately 30 seconds, waking everyone up. Well, I got out of bed and showered then did my devotions with Jordan at 7:30am. We read several bible verses, reflected on it, and ended it with a prayer. After that ended, I went back to preparing myself before heading off to breakfast.
Waffles and sausages! Yum!

Morning session began at 10 and this time, Jason, whose secret angel is me, was speaking in regards to "whole-heartedness," the first point of the retreat's theme. Here's the example of half-heartedness he gave: A boy with lunch money bought lunch and had some leftover change. A random stranger comes up to him and asks if he has money, the boy then con templates about whether he should give the remainder of his money to help this penniless fellow, or use it for drinks or to buy things when he goes out later that day (something of that sort). "Should I do [this] or should I do [that]?" the boy would keep asking himself and ultimately, he gave the stranger the leftover change, feeling a little down for giving away the last of his change.
He continues describing an individual who does things whole-heartedly doesn't expect anything in return. Using the same example, the boy would give the money and not add, "you owe me" or "pay me back later, okay?" Jason uses these examples to portray what we Christians should be like when serving God.

Jason winged the rest because he lost his place. LOL!
We split up into our small groups after his little speech/sermon and as you know, waking up at 7 isn't the greatest thing one could live for. Our small group (Jordan's group) was dead tired and unresponsive. Matt was on one side, sleeping, while everyone else was barely keeping themselves awake. It ended up with Jordan explaining Jason's message over again for us to understand the meaning behind his words and such and such, so not much happened here. A dead discussion.
Lunch time at 12pm! I had 2 corndogs (haven't had in a few years) and some cookie dough cake! So good! O yes! My secret angel sent someone to me and asked if there was anything I wanted or needed and that person would help me get it :D. Thing is, I already got myself everything I needed: my food, my utensils, my drink, a napkin... I don't really need anymore than that, so I rejected his offer :/.

----------------------------------------
Not that much time today :(. I'll finish the rest of that post tomorrow (despite my intense Thursday schedule).
Today was ok. I've already gotten into the routine of going to my not-so-early classes and all the other classes that follow. The only problem I have is waking up at 7 to go to my 8am sociology class, so I'll need someone to keep me accountable for that :).

Well, the only thing I hate about my Monday and Wednesday schedule is that my CLAS schedule is all split apart along with the chem lecture in the morning. I go to chem for the 10-11am class, then I go back to my apartment and eat lunch, then I head to CLAS (chemistry) for 12-1pm class, and then I head back to my apartment, again with another CLAS (physics) from 5-6pm, and finally back at my apartment. Such a hassle walking back and forth :(... I even stepped in mud today (with Heidi), but her reaction cracked me up ;D.
O yes! Did I mention I got another e-mail from Raymond? :) "hi jeff did u have a good winter break??? or did u not even get one??" He should be in fourth grade this year, so I can't say his online typing skills is all that great, but he's still such a cutie :).
-Jeffjeff
&&So tired of watching the online lecture for physics, I'm going to go sleep in approximately 30 minutes :).
&&Almost forgot to post. LOL!
&&I look for pictures of tired kids and I get kids with tires...
No comments:
Post a Comment