Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Empty Wednesday Afternoon

I spent the majority of my Tuesday night at Jeff's room eating my fried snacks and trying to figure out how ptt.cc works. I probably spent a good 1 hour on it before flipping tables and giving up because I realized it's useless searching up my class if I can't type Chinese. Still, I applaud Henry for his efforts to help this hopeless college student get connected with NTU's online society. I left Jeff's room around 2:30 in the morning and went back to my room, only to find my roommate asleep. Of course, my rummaging woke him up, and he didn't fall back asleep for another 30 minutes. It wasn't me that kept him awake, but rather the heat and humidity building up in the room. After hearing that my 學姊 and her roommate had a fight about the a/c, I decided that I shouldn't turn it on for my own convenience, especially since my roommate and I split the electricity cost. So, I endured the heat in my room for the next 6 hours. Humid. Heated. No circulation.

 I woke up at around 10 and prepared for my Wednesday morning class. I grabbed what I needed and headed out the door, feeling gross and sweaty after a night of baking in the oven. I made it to class about 20 minutes late and listened to a guest professor from China discuss the issues of China's modern society, not that I could understand his Chinese. After class was let out, I returned home and grabbed some "oral paste" for Jeff and his swollen lip. 

Shouldn't have eaten those fried foods, man.


After dropping it off, I walked over to the MRT station where I would be meeting with Connie, Mindy, Julia, Becky, and two of her friends. They had planned to eat lunch a Aquatic Addiction Development or AAD. AAD is a fish market in Taipei that offers a variety of fresh seafood in the forms of sushi, soup, sashimi, salad, etc. I picked up a salmon bowl with rice for $340TWD and I thought that it was well worth it. You can definitely tell that it's fresh just from the taste. The bowl happened to be perfect for me, but if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't go for a round-two there. AAD was a must-try for me before I leave Taiwan, but I definitely wasn't planning on spending big there.


After our lunch break, I headed back to campus by bus (almost slept past my stop) and went to check on my zebrafish embryos. I switched their water, cleaned out the dead ones, and placed them back into the incubator. Tomorrow will be the day I lyse them and extract their DNA. Fun.

I went home and did just about nothing (except laundry), feeling empty even though I still had several hours of my afternoon left. Normally, I'd be attending Judo, but since finals were last week, I'm officially done with that class. I really do miss it.


-Jeffjeff

&& Can't I just stay in Taiwan :(

No comments:

Post a Comment