Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Abroad in Taiwan - Day 11

Greetings from Taiwan! There's a lot I'd like to say, but it looks like I'll have to shorten everything (or omit it from this post).

First off, I'd like to thank everyone that saw me off during my last few days in America. To be honest, I didn't expect such a large group of people seeing me off several nights before my flight, but it really meant a lot to me (you guys know who you are!). I also want to thank those who dropped by my home (or planned on it, but couldn't) to see me off during my last day in America. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better friends.

I didn't mention this to many people, but I did fly to Beijing first to visit my grandparents on my father's side. We lived in the Crowne Plaza hotel in the ZhaoYang district (朝陽區) during our stay, which happened to be rather pricey. The hotel's breakfast offered a variety of breakfast foods from European to American to Chinese; however, it was far too expensive ($30/person). But it wasn't just the breakfast that was expensive, the fees charged for laundry was enough to buy another set of clothes; for example, to wash one pair of socks it cost us 5 US dollars, which could have been used to buy another few pairs of socks. Their pricing is something I couldn't understand. Although we went out several times to eat some legitimate (道地) Beijing delectables (including Peking duck - yum!), we went solely to visit my grandparents, so we didn't do much exploring.

Several days later, we left Beijing and flew over to Taiwan where I'll be staying for the next 5 months. A lot has been going on these past few days and I wish I had the patience to type it all out, but unfortunately, that's something I lack. Haha! But I'll do my best to blog on a daily basis after today to keep you readers updated. I'll also be posting daily pictures/videos on my instagram if you don't want to read these long posts, so you can still stay up to date.

Cheers,
Jeffjeff

pstttt. you guys can contact me through LINE (an app) if you want to talk to me! Skype works too!! (un: jeffweysmilz)

No comments:

Post a Comment