The first day of Spring break (Saturday, March 24th) had started and we were running late. My mom woke up a bit later than expected and I overslept. We got ready and checked our luggage/bags before heading out around 9:30 in the morning. The drive didn't feel all too long. I drove about 2/3 of the way and my mom drove the rest. We arrived at Stone Villa Inn in San Mateo around 5 in the afternoon. I took a quick shower and we headed out to Chinatown, San Francisco to eat some dinner. I dropped my car off in this parking structure, but I was hesitant. The problem wasn't about the money, but the trust I'm putting in these guys to take care of my car and its belongings. I left my keys with them, and left for an hour. I came back, paid for our parking and the man told me that my keys were in my car. I walked over to my car, noticed that the windows were wide open, and that what he said was true: my keys were in my car. Dangerous. I've never been to San Francisco, so I don't know how things work there, but I'm assuming that having my windows open and my keys in the car is just asking for someone to steal it.
Sunday. We woke up, got ready, and headed downstairs to eat our free breakfast, provided by the inn before heading out to see the famous landmarks of San Francisco. Our first stop: Pier 39. We found the parking structure across from Pier 39 and left the car there. At this time, my mom had to go to the restroom (even though she just went before we left), so I decided to visit the gift shop. I was planning on what souvenirs to get my friends before heading back, but I decided I wouldn't buy them now. Wouldn't want to carry that wherever I go! We saw Alcatraz Island, the sea lions, and the many boats docked at the pier. We were also able to see the Golden Gate Bridge from afar :).
After walking around for about an hour or so, we decided to grab some food. I followed Sam's recommendation to try their seafood here; although, I wasn't feeling hungry. My mom and I walked over to Fisherman's Wharf and ordered a Clam Chowder Bread-bowl and Fish N' Chips. It's really a shame. If only I had a bigger appetite at the moment, I'd be able to enjoy the seafood there! While we were eating, I realized all the pictures I've been taking up till now (the sea lions and the bridge) weren't saved... because I forgot to press that "save" button. So, we headed back to Pier 39 and revisited the hot-spots before heading to our next destination: Golden Gate Park.
I honestly thought Golden Gate Park would be located right next to the Golden Gate Bridge, but I was wrong :(. Although I made a mistake in coming here, I found it to be a well-spent trip. We walked around at first, but when my mom saw the "Conservatory of Flowers" on the directory, she told me she wanted to go there. The entrance fee wasn't much, so we decided to do some exploring there! There were different rooms for different types of plants: dark & cool rooms, warm & humid rooms, bright & cool rooms, and etc. each housing different types of plants. Here are some of the pictures we took: (I'll put them on... sometime in the future)
-unfinished-
No comments:
Post a Comment