Saturday, March 10, 2012

Relaxed. Just Kidding!

For the past week, I've been feeding myself with fast foods day and night. When midterms or finals make their way towards the present day, I spend the majority of my time studying (and a little bit of everything else). I believe my schedule will look something like: wake up around noon, go to any classes that I haven't missed yet, eat a meal, head over to the library for the rest of the night, study till midnight, head home, and sleep. It's probably just me, but I feel like I don't have time to deal with cooking and dishes, so I always choose to buy something outside. Saves time (not money). Oh, right, I finished my last midterm on Friday! Next up, finals.

The week before the last (02/26-03/03), I was working on a 9-page scientific paper, followed by 3 short essays. The science paper wasn't difficult, but it was tedious. In all honesty, all the students were praised for their work and efforts, but I felt like I was repeating the same things over and over again in the report. I didn't like the strict format :(. The other short essays were to prepare Heidi and me for an internship review. We traveled a little under an hour before arriving at the St. John's Hospital Regional Medical Center. Heidi's appointment was at 11 and mine was at 12. Daytime folks. The interviewers allowed me to attend the 11 o'clock interview (only because someone was missing). We had a 10 minute essay to write in response to expected problems that the medical field will have to face in the future. Once those 10 minutes were up, we turned in our essays and began the interview. I'll let you all know how we did once the results come in April :).



Finals are coming up in two weeks and I'm not looking forward to studying day and night for those. Spring break comes right after, but I haven't decided what I'll be doing. I wanted to travel up to San Francisco for a few days with my family, but with recent financial issues, I don't think that'll be happening. If any of you aren't busy, hook me up and let's hang ;).




Current To-do List:
-Send out those letters
-Volunteer at Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital for the first time...
-Renew my Hep B Vaccine
-Study for Finals
-Visit Elementary School during Spring Break
-Study Chinese during all of Spring Break
-Finish Catching Fire and Mockingjay before Spring Break Ends
-Read Leviticus (I'm interested in the Old Testament laws)
-Get onto Sam's List. LOL!
-And of course grow closer to God. Not an easy feat.

-Jeffjeff

&& My motivation to study came a little late this quarter. I'll have to try harder next quarter! Gonna be hard to follow-up on my word...
&& For those who don't know, I'm moving soon! Don't know where yet, but I'll make sure to invite you guys over sometime ;).

2 comments: