Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Long Weekend with the Sick

Well, I got all the results from the tests I took last week. I got a 82% (B-) for biology, but the curve was set at 62% (D), so with the curve, I got an A! I hope that made sense with all those commas. For my bio lab quiz, I got a 88% (B+); the curve was set at 80%, so there wasn't a curve, I think. My last midterm of the week was ochem. I managed to get a 75% (C) after a whole night of studying and no sleep, which is pretty good. Hectic week, but it's all over now :).

Weekend came and the first thing I was looking forward to was Souplantation with Samantha, Heidi, and Andrew, but that was on Sunday :(.

I spent Saturday helping around the house and studying at the library. I managed to squeeze in four hours of studying before heading back. I also spent a good 30 minutes  looking for good books to read, but nothing seemed to peak my interest. Left empty handed.

Sunday came and Andrew overslept. Actually, he slept at 6 in the morning and woke up around 12 when we had planned to eat Souplantation at 11. Mmmmm~ I love their soup and salad. We couldn't decide what to do after, so we headed to the carnival at our school just for a good 10 minutes or so before heading to Heidi's house to chill and play games. All in all, it was a fun afternoon. I left not too long after Samantha was picked up, dropping Andrew off before heading back, to eat with my family. We had some Chinese food (can't get it here at "American Riviera").


Monday arrived and I spent the five hours from when I woke up to clean the house (and my car); and buy some dog food (with lots of protein) and toys for Rena, my cute, but old dog :). Not sure if my commas and semicolons are in the right places, but it proves why I'm not an English major :). The drive back was long. We hit traffic every now and then, making a 2-hour drive into a 4-hour drive. I think.
Yeah, I bought my dog a tennis ball, so she'll fetch it for me.... and never return it

I'm keeping up with my studies and maintaining good habits, but I doubt it's something that'll stick with me all the way up to med school. It's ok, I've found motivation after failing my last midterm two weeks back. Gotta try hard!
YEAH!

-Jeffjeff

&& To the sick people like Elliot, Andrew, Samantha, and my mom... get better soon!
&& To my wife, I miss you :(. Haven't seen you since that 2 hours of winter break. LOL.
&& Got a science research article of our experiment due early next week along with 3 essays & an internship interview scheduled on Sunday. Wish me luck! Got a busy week ahead of me.

1 comment: