Sunday, December 4, 2011

White Elephant!

Went over to Pola & Heidi's place around 5:20 to work a little on our online biology quizzes before White Elephant started. I've mentioned in an old post what White Elephant was (I'll copy & paste). 


Note: This year I was doing White Elephant with KCM (Korean Christian Ministry) members & my church, but later, maybe.  


White Elephant is an event where you bring a low valued gift (there are different ways of doing this). Whoever who brought a gift can exchange it for another one, but if you managed to get something great, it doesn't mean you'll permanently keep it. Someone else who might like your gift, can "steal" it, but... (here's where it changes) whoever wants to steal the item must abide to a "punishment" given by the one being robbed (...). 


I won't be typing up the entire sequence of events with names because I don't remember all the names. LOL! The gifts that were contributed to our little game were:


-Monopoly Deal (from Pola & I won it in the end!)
-Lotion with those antibacterial pellets (from Heidi)
-3 Holiday Hand Towels (from me)
-Despicable Me Blu-ray/Digital/DVD copies (I got this first, but someone stole it from me)
-Brownies + Hello Kitty Key cover
-Cookbook + Journal
-Head Scratcher
-Scented Candle
-Scrabble Card Game
-Gift Card to Starbucks? I think...


It was fun, but it ended in less than an hours time. I stayed after along with a few others and indulged ourselves in brownies and two games of Pola's Scrabble card game! I won the second round! Yay :).


After everyone else left, I went back to working on that biology quiz before giving up. Heidi & I headed downstairs to watch Harry Potter & the Order of Phoenix, while eating some ramen and when it ended, I biked back home. Got back, got a medium BBQ Chicken w/ Jalapeno pizza with Elliot, ate it all, and here I am. I'd say that tonight was a good night, except I'm behind on my readings now. More for me to read tomorrow. Heh. 


-Jeffjeff


&& Ramen, brownies, and a whole pizza... so much food and they all had to be unhealthy :(.
&& Thanks Pola & Heidi for having me over and giving me food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment