Last night: On my way back from Sonia's, a friend of mine at school, place, a series of misfortune presented itself to me. I was riding back to my apartment without my glasses on, so once I reached the apartment residential area, it became rather difficult to navigate, not because I'm away from campus and the on-campus bike paths, but because of all the cars and other bikers. When I reached a crossing, I biked across (because my brakes make an embarrassing screeching noise) without stopping and almost hit 3 bikers. I think I heard them say something on the lines of "what the f---." After that, I thought riding back home wouldn't be much of a problem anymore, but it seems that I made a wrong turn. Without those glasses of mine, seeing my surroundings was difficult, let alone the street signs.
Not me, but this is one of the school parking lots :)
That wrong turn brought me to the big streets. It was easier to navigate there, but I was forced to ride on the bike lane that took me into the middle of the street :(. It was a red light, and there I was, by myself on a bike in the middle of the road. It's a first for me being on the road like that, but I guess it would've been fine if I didn't look so... dead? Some look you'd give if you've already gotten in some minor crash accident and followed by taking the wrong turn. I biked towards the street I lived on and successfully, yes,
successfully made the turn. Then seeing how there were people on the left sidewalk where I lived/was riding on, I tried to get onto the street, but when I turned towards the curb, I realized a car was coming. I was behind one of those street light configuration boxes, so the car couldn't see me and I almost went onto the street. Close..., but I did manage to make it back home in one piece.
Anyway, I've been really out of it lately, but I am slowly catching up on my work. This weekend will be my "make-up" week where I read everything I needed to read in the past two weeks since school started and study for the tests and quizzes in the upcoming week. For those who don't know, I'm currently taking organic chemistry, molecular/cellular/developmental biology, physics, biology lab, and 2 physics lab; all science classes. I doing my best not to let the work build up, but it's really hard when you plan on taking the extra Biology Honors coursework along with all those classes your taking. The only positive thing about my schedule is that my Thursdays are free (except this week and next week).
I'm stressing bout those midterms, so I need to do my best studying!!
-Jeffjeff
&&I haven't told anyone about my recent updates on my blog (except those people who constantly come on to update their own blogs and see mine) because it might seem more fun (as it was for me) to read everything in one go? Well, that's my own opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment