As the title suggests, I had an exciting weekend with someone I rarely hang with. Some of you may remember a really random shoutout to someone by the name of Andrew. He's not particularly a close friend, but I've gotten more comfortable around him lately.
I'll start with last Friday, I was driving home with Sonia (a new friend that I made over the summer), Elliot (my roommate), and Josh (surely you remember him). We left sometime around 3, but encountered traffic at least in 5 different locations due to accidents and "rush hour." Just when I was almost home, Andrew called me about tomorrow and trolled when I told him I was driving. I was in a car full of people and he was on the speaker trolling about how he needs help with his essay and what not. I had to get him off the phone soon because it was kind of... embarrassing because he's just so embarrassing to be with sometimes. LOL. (Sorry!)
Saturday morning, I woke up late and showered and did all the "here and theres" of my morning routine. By the time I was finished, it was roughly 10:30 and I promised Sam (Hi Sam~) that I'd go watch her brother's soccer game, which I was looking forward to. By the time I got there, the 3rd quarter had just ended. Depressed. Luckily, I got to watch the most exciting part of the game. Our team was down one when I managed to sit in the chair to watch. Before we scored, all I hear are names being shouted by the coaches of both teams. And within 10 minutes, our team managed to catch up AND pass the other team by one goal (I fail at cheering). The game ended there and we watched as the players share their honest playing practices by running through the tunnel of parents and relatives of opposite teams.
After the game, the referees (volunteers for the soccer organization) passed out two medals, one for each team, for the kids who were the star "team players." As the short meeting ended, Sam and I went to play handball with her brother and his friends. Being the person I am, I decided to play relentlessly against the children. I've always played handball as a kid since 1st grade, so I've always loved the game. I played a few rounds before it was time to go. What really made my morning was hearing one of the kids tell me that they remember me from a basketball game they were in months ago. I've only seen them one time and it wasn't even more than a few minutes, but it made me happy to hear that he still remembers me.
Lunch. I went out with Andrew for lunch at a pho restaurant and ordered some vietnamese coffee and a pho combo. He ordered plum soda and chicken pho. At first, it was really difficult to be myself around him. I haven't seen him in months and it's the first time I hung out with him alone. As the day went on, it got a lot better. :)
After lunch, we headed to brea mall to buy some clothes. We went to H&M, Express, PacSun, Aeropostale, Cotton On, and so on. I only bought a shirt I already have for $7 because the one I own has a hole. He bought a rather UNNECESSARY accessory and a black sweater-vest from H&M, and it matches with the one I have (except mine is white). When I browsed through the remaining stores, I always check the price tag of the clothes before I contemplate on whether I should try it on or not. Most of the time, the numbers fall over 20... a rather small amount I'm afraid of spending. Money is a hard thing to come by these days.
In the afternoon, we headed to the theatres to watch a prequel of a movie he watched in the past, The Thing. I already knew it was a horror/thriller movie, but I didn't think it'd phase me. Surprisingly, there was roughly 15 people in that room (only). It was rather roomy, but it was really cold. I have to admit, the low temperature of the room really enhanced the reaction of the audience. I was shivering half of the movie and when those moments something pops up on the screen, I end up jumping out of my seat (but I just laugh about it after). Overall, the movie didn't really appeal to me, because the sight of people having their bodies torn, mutated, merged (with a monster...), and of the such wasn't an exciting aspect of the movie.
By the time the movie finished, it was around 6 or 7 at night, so we decided to grab dinner at a nearby restaurant. There wasn't much wait and the food wasn't that bad :). It was also then when I realized that I've lost the discomfort of meeting someone I hadn't met in a long time.
(I'm tired of typing. These tables in the study hall aren't very comfortable.)
After dinner, we went to H-mart and bought a few things. I went to buy myself some coffee for college, but he bought some Korean citrus tea for his sick friend. We went and dropped it off and I sent him home after. End.
-Jeffjeff
&& That was a very, VERY vague explanation of my Saturday.
&& Shoutout to Sam :), a fellow Prof. Layton lover... - I can't wait to play the new game!
&& Shoutout to Andrew for being one of the many peoples to be willing to take the train up just to visit :)




No comments:
Post a Comment