Here's a quick update on everything that happened the past month. Midterms have been hectic. Ever since Immunology started, I've been studying practically nonstop, giving me no time to post (except for spring break). Fortunately, the class was only a month long. Yup, you've guessed it (or not), Immunology is officially over for me. Huzzah to class-free Thursdays!
While school has been leaving me with countless sleepless and stressful nights, I've been doing surprisingly well in my program. I've given up 3 nights this week just studying for my final and midterm. Two more will follow next week, so I'll be gone again for a few days to study. As I've been using as my graduate life slogan: GRAD life, SAD life.
PC: Emertz76
Alright, enough with the depressing stuff. A few of you guys knew that I was on spring break March 5-13. I'll admit, I didn't go around telling everyone I was on break fearing that they'd make me hang out with them. Haha. Initially, my plans were to finish studying for pharmacology while I was home. Did that happen? Not really. There were several issues with this plan of mine. First off, I have this incredible knack for sleeping in. I'd be waking up around noon almost everyday, sometimes later, cutting my days that much shorter. Secondly, my dad had asked me to help him at work, so I'd occasionally drop by the office for several hours to help him sort out a few things. Lastly, I made plans every night with either Samantha/Brandon, Patrick, or Andrew. That being said, you can imagine the amount of time I spent "studying" every day. However, I have no regrets about my decisions.
During that week, I got to walk and play with Samantha's dogs. Oh, how I miss them so! I also got to spend ample time with my two bests. We visited a board game cafe in LA, spending our afternoon playing Pandemic and Tokaido. In case you guys don't know these games, Pandemic is a co-op game that involves developing cures for 4 diseases that are spreading across the world. Well, my description of the board game does not do it justice, but it's honestly really fun! I would highly recommend anyone to play that game. Trust. As for Tokaido, it's a competitive game where players are traveling through Japan, aiming to get the most enjoyment out of their trip. In order to win, you have to have the most "enjoyment" points after traveling to temples, hotels, souvenir shops, famous landmarks, and such.
PC: Samantha
I also got to watch two scary movies that week, the first being The Witch and second The Other Side of the Door. The witch is more about the creep factor than most horror films. It had the atmosphere and the plot development of a pretty dang good horror movie (in my opinion, of course), but The Other Side of the Door relied more on jump scares and and the clichéd mumbo-jumbo. Still better than The Forest though. Haha!
I spent the last day in LA hanging out with Samantha and Brandon. I didn't get to walk the dogs that day, but seeing them was more than enough for me. I just spent most of the time playing Wii U with Brandon, while Samantha laid on the couch playing The Room on my phone for hours on end.
I returned to Boston on the 12th of March, studying for Pharmacology during the entire flight. Luckily, I was automatically upgraded to the economy+ seat, leaving me with more room to work on my studies. It wasn't as great as the time I was switched from economy to business class, but anything beats the cramped space of the economy class. Haha! After I got back, I just shut myself in the apartment 24/7 to prep myself for the upcoming exams... Yup.
PC: Moyan Brenn
-Jeffjeff
&& Apologies for any typos or grammar errors. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep, so my cognitive abilities are a little... lacking...



No comments:
Post a Comment