It's been pretty apparent that my recent dreams are heavily affected by who I talk to back home. It's weird, I won't see my roommate or my Boston friends in my dreams, but I'll always see the same people from home in it, be it family or friends. Sometimes my mind likes to mess around me, throwing random scenarios in my dream. Other times, it'd make me reflect on my own worries and fears; and it's during these times that I wish I couldn't dream. But hey! Now, you know the trick of barging into my dreams. Haha!
The work is starting to slowly build up now that classes are entering it's third week. This would explain why blogging hasn't been a daily endeavor on my end, but I never forget about it. If you didn't know already, I'm taking 5 classes this semester, including pharmacology, immunology, physiology, biostatistics, and bioinformatics. Sounds fun, huh? Immunology hasn't started, so my week has been pretty free with no classes on Thursdays and one class on both Tuesdays and Fridays, but that'll changes next week. All that means is... less time to blog...
I've got a physiology quiz coming up this Friday. Am I ready for it? No, but I'm pretty close. I need to change my study habits so that I don't fall behind like I did last semester. I can definitely do without the stress this time.
ANYWAY, enough with the boring stuff. I got to skype with a few close friends (Stephen, Justin, Patty) from back home this past weekend. It's only been about 3-4 weeks since I've seen them so there wasn't much to catch up on, but it was nice being able to see them again. We also played this game called, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. It sounds ridiculous like some children's game, but I assure you it's quite challenging, especially with new players (like myself). I played this a week ago with Samantha, Tony/Sam (a different one...), and Michelle. Couldn't get enough of it. Haha! The way it works is that one person will have the bomb and the rest will have access to a bomb manual that will help diffuse the bomb. Problem is that first guy can't see the manual himself, so he must communicate with his teammates, explaining what he sees and asking his teammates for input. Here's a video to show you how it works.
Apart from these guys, I also skyped Samantha and my family. It wasn't nearly as loud, but it was nice on its own. During Sam and my skype, we suddenly made the decision to exercise, so we ended up doing "yoga" in front of our cameras. I put yoga in parenthesis, because... I'm pretty sure we were failing at whatever we were doing. Who knew that yoga would hurt that much? Haha! As for my family, I got to talk with my parents for a little bit and listen to their banter. Man, I miss home.
-Jeffjeff
&&Supposedly I'll be going on a mini photo trip with my roommate this weekend to explore Boston's winter scene. I'm quite excited to be honest, but I'm not looking forward to being outside in the cold. Never will.

No comments:
Post a Comment