Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Boston Day 12: Labor Day Weekend

So, here was the plan for the weekend: study hard, then play hard. Did that happen? NOPE!! I woke up at around 2 in the afternoon, but laid in bed for another hour before climbing out. I had another rather interesting dream, so I wanted to text others about it before I forget it. I'll be sure to include a log at the end for you guys!

I stepped out of the restroom and I could immediately smell the aroma of the coffee brewing in the kitchen, but that wasn't all. My roommate had also made some fried rice for lunch and left some for me. Yum~ After my meal, I brought my cup of coffee into my room and began my studies. As much as I wanted to watch tv shows or play games, I didn't let the temptation get to me. Earphones in, music playing, and pen's a-working. For the next few hours, I'd be reading an embryology book teaching me about the detailed development of a human embryo. Sounds boring, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.


At around 6, I began to prepare dinner. I washed the vegetables, cut them, and laid them aside while I waited for the rice to cook. It took a while, but when it was just about finished, I began cooking the dishes. First dish was just a sauteed vegetable dish with garlic: the go-to Taiwanese vegetable dish. The second dish was tomatoes (also) sauteed with eggs. So, why vegetarian? Well, it's because the Hong Kong Supermarket in Boston has barely any vegetables and meats in stock, and the ones that are in stock are either bruised or rotting. You'd know if you attempted to shop there. Yuck.

Overall, pretty normal day, but unfortunately it's not your stereotypical BBQ, fun-filled labor day weekend. Heh.

-Jeffjeff

Dream Log:
It was late afternoon or early evening, but I was headed to a JJ Lin/Show Luo concert. The venue happened to be at JJ Lin's home, but the location was a tad odd. It was located in between two other concert halls/arenas. On the left, there was a Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) concert and on the right, the LA Philharmonic Orchestra was playing. I continued walking towards JJ Lin's home thinking that the music from all 3 concerts would clash, but that wouldn't be the case.

Before entering the concert hall, I decided to climb the stairs beside the entrance. This act was unintentional. I thought our venue was inside the building (at the top of the stairs), but it turns out the concert hall was underground... Weird. After walking around the house, I noticed a lot of security cameras surrounding the premises. The cameras weren't hidden; in fact they were almost too hard to miss. They were all colored white and protruding out from the building. I casually made my way past those cameras, thinking that the famous singer wouldn't care, and headed to the concert.

-Dream skip-

My friends and I was seated really close to JJ Lin. During one of Show Luo's songs, JJ Lin decided to strike a conversation with me. We ended up chatting during his breaks in the music, which was pretty freaking awesome. At this point, I knew I was conscious that I was dreaming, but whatever. It felt like a realistic experience, so I'm content. Heh. Of course, if Show Luo is in my dream, Michelle is bound to be there as well. In fact, she was sitting beside me listening to her "husband" sing his song.


-Dream skip-

I supposedly wake up from this "dream." But I'm not quite awake. I looked at my right hand and noticed that Samantha was video-chatting me on this small screen embedded in my palm (or perhaps it was a projection). Apparently, I'm some agent/detective that is investigating a case (not sure what kind) at JJ Lin's home. Problem is, I'm a bit far. I ended up climbing into the sewers and making a jump from a sewage pipe down to a huge underground space built from concrete. Natural light was passing through some windows and openings to lead outside. The structure was supported by an arrangement of rectangular concrete pillars. Throughout this time, I've been talking to Sam, but I have no idea what we were talking about.


I climb out of the sewage area and I find myself near some warehouses in Rowland, and next to one of these warehouses was a store (like the ones you find at gas stations). I intended to walk through the store to avoid detection on the streets, but ended up bumping into someone that would cause Sam to throw a fit and abandon me. I don't remember who it was, but that's where the dream ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment