Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dreading the Summer Life

When you think about California, you think about the beautiful weather, the beaches, and what not, but I stuck at school thinking about my next homework assignment. Yes, I'm back in Santa Barbara taking classes for the summer. Fortunately, I'm taking Chinese classes to complete my Chinese minor. It's only been two days, but I've already met several familiar faces in my class, so I'm not too lonely. For the first three weeks, I'll be taking business Chinese, where I'll be learning to talk like a Chinese businessman. Haha! Definitely can't use these phrases during my daily life, but maybe they'll come in handy in the future!


As of late, I've been feeling a bit distant from everyone. It's been so long since I've met up with my friends in California and it feels like it'll be a long time before I'll meet up with those from Taiwan. Here's to my depressing thoughts! Call it withdrawals from Taiwan, overexaggeration, or whatever you like, but those are essentially my feelings. Additionally, I'll have to withdraw from the world a little bit this summer. I've already decided that I'll take up a job, while studying for MCATs and taking classes at UCSB. So, if I decline your invitation to hang out, I'm sorry; I'm always open for Skype sessions though! I might be messaging you guys a lot though, I mean, just think of it like this: I miss you guys!


My mind is not prepared for all the studying I'll have to do for the next few months, but I just have to keep telling myself that this is for my future. Once this is all over, I'll probably take on a full-time job to earn myself some money for school (in the future) and travel fees. I just can't wait to return to Taiwan where I can let loose without worrying about work or studying! Gah.

-Jeffjeff

&& Trying to find time to write about my Japan and Vancouver expeditions, but I'm currently busy with studies and EAP paperwork! Hopefully, I'll get those up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment