Last week, I promised a friend that I'd visit her in the Redondo Beach/Torrance area, so right after tutoring biology, I grabbed a cup of Starbuck's coffee to-go and spent the next 50 minutes or so driving over. As I was driving, I began to reflect on all the activities and habits I've been wanting to pick up after completing my MCAT exams and I realized that there are A LOT. This sudden burst of motivation and enthusiasm came out of nowhere, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I mean, no more MCAT studying means extra time to learn new skills and experience new things!
During that car ride, I realized how unorganized my list of resolutions were, so I figured I'd organize it here! Some of these include:
- Learning Chinese and Spanish
- Leaning Guitar
- Picking up piano again
- Working in a hospital as a scribe
- Volunteering in a hospital or Shadowing a doctor
- Reading books
- Exercise
- Plan mini excursions with friends and family
- Do daily devotions
- Blog
Of course, I'll still be teaching my students 6 days a week. But just looking at this list, it's clear that I don't have time to do even half of them, so I'm going to have to pick a few and commit. I'm thinking...
1) Devotions
2) Scribing/Volunteering/Shadowing
3) Exercise
4) Chinese
5) Guitar (someone let me borrow your guitar, thanks)
6) Excursions and Reading when there's time
Yup. I think I'll go with this lineup. I have a tendency of overestimating myself and my time, but we'll see how this goes. Gotta get that job first though!
-Jeffjeff
&& wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment