Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Where to begin...

There's so much I want to say, about myself, about the people I've met here in Taipei, about the environment, food, and culture; but I just don't know where to begin. I usually write when I'm overly excited, procrastinating on a homework assignment that's nearing its due date, or slightly emotional. I guess you can say, I'm doing a little of each right now. Haha.

After coming to Taipei, I've met a lot of amazing people from all over the world (mainly from California). When I first arrived, I didn't know what to expect; I thought I'd be hanging out with people from all over the world (multicultural group), but things don't work that way. People usually hang with people from the same country, not because they felt obligated or unwilling to interact with others, but rather because communication comes a lot more naturally with those people (more in common, I guess).


Some of the people that made my time here worthwhile: Jefferey, Connie, Jennifer, JonMichael, Cindy, Mindy, Becky, Annie, Ethan, Eric, Sabrina, Henry, and more. Maybe you'll be hearing their names more often in the future...

I should be working on my paper right now, but I'm not. Do I feel bad about it now? No, but I'm sure to regret not getting enough sleep the day before Judo club happens. Oh right, I've joined both the multilingual club and the judo club here at NTU. I'm also working in a developmental biology lab on a daily basis, so it's quite a lot on one plate.

--------------------Ends the Happy Note---------------------

I've been feeling a little down these past few days. I can blame the majority on stress, but I'd be lying to myself. I've just come to notice that I like to bottle a lot of my own feelings on the inside. You can say I've become good at hiding these feelings, but there are times when I hint to people that I'm feeling down without directly telling them. Sometimes, I do wish that people would catch on, but at the same time I don't. Lack of sleep. Too many nightmares and weird dreams. Too many thoughts. Too many conflicts.

I imagine myself having a serious talk with close friends sometimes, but I can never do that in reality. It's because I lack something. Guts. I guess. Or perhaps, I feel some don't have the time or patience to hear someone ramble on about their feelings. I don't think I've felt so down in the past several years, but I wonder why it had to resurface now. I'm just hoping it's another ephemeral phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment